Android 9 Pie for Korean LG G7 ThinQ is right here, other devices coming soon
If you’re the proud proprietor of an LG G7 ThinQ — and occur to reside in South Korea — Android 9 Pie is rolling out to you currently, by way of Android Police. Be looking out for the OTA notification.
If you don’t reside in South Korea however nonetheless need Android 9 Pie for your G7, sadly, you’ll have to attend a little bit longer. Historically, LG rolls out updates in its local nation first after which pushes them to other nations some weeks (or months) later.
However, the truth that Pie is in any case rolling out the G7 is excellent information regardless of the way you slice it.
What about LG’s other smartphones, such because the LG V40 ThinQ, or the other devices with “ThinQ” thrown at the finish of the identify? LG did element — albeit vaguely — when you’ll be able to be expecting Pie to land on the ones devices:
- LG G7 ThinQ — Q1 2019 (ends March 31)
- LG V35 ThinQ — Q1 2019 (ends March 31)
- LG V40 ThinQ — Q2 2019 (ends June 30)
- LG V30S ThinQ — Q2 2019 (ends June 30)
- LG V30 — Q2 2019 (ends June 30)
- LG G6 — Q3 2019 (ends September 30)
- LG V20 — Q3 2019 (ends September 30)
- LG Q8 — Q3 2019 (ends September 30)
- LG Q9 — This fall 2019 (ends December 31)
- LG X5 — This fall 2019 (ends December 31)
It’s abnormal that the latest flagship from LG — the LG V40 ThinQ — is scheduled to get Android 9 Pie after the iterative replace software that is the LG V35. However, no less than we have a greater concept of when to be expecting a majority of these upgrades.
LG made headlines the previous day when renders leaked that reportedly depict the impending LG G8 ThinQ, most effective for LG exec Ken Hong to hastily tweet that the renders aren’t correct. If LG can’t get device updates out sooner than this and its smartphone design remains as stale because the LG G8 renders recommend, we’re in for a bumpy 2019.